Whether you fancy some time off the bike, or are coming with a non-cycling companion, Beaulieu itself offers loads to do:
- Daily market in the market square – fresh olives, cheeses, meats, fish, fruit and vegetables
- Sight-seeing – La Chapelle Sancta Maria de Olivo and the Villa Kerylos in Beaulieu itself, the world-famous Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild between Beaulieu and Cap Ferrat
- Spa services – health and beauty treatments
- Sailing – catamarans, lasers and windsurfers all available to hire
- Boules and pétanque down by the harbour
- Water-sports – jet skis etc available for hire
- Walking – there are lovely walks from Beaulieu which follow the coast around Cap Ferrat, or along the beach to Villefranche
Villefranche – a 15 minute walk or 5-minutes on the bus or train – is well worth a visit.
Nice is 10 minutes by train. Monaco is 15 minutes by train the other direction.
Eze Village is a pretty traffic-free village perched 425m up on the top of a hill, full of small boutiques selling art and crafts. It can be reached by bus, but there is a fantastic walk from Eze Bord de Mer down at sea level. Take the bus or train one stop to the East, and follow the marked footpath called “Le Chemin de Nietzsche” in honour of the 19th century poet and philosopher who claimed he derived the inspiration for his magnum opus “Also Sprach Zarathustra” from climbing the goat path every day during his stay.
The “village perchée” Eze Village – a 425m walk up from the coast via a goat path if you have the energy!
If you are prepared to go a little further afield, the following activities are available:
- Rock climbing
Paragliding on Mont Gros, above Roquebrune, overlooking Monaco
During the winter months, the ski resorts of Auron, Isola 2000, Valberg and La Colmiane are around 90 minutes away by car, or you can take a bus from Nice station.
Get in touch, and I can give you details on any of the above.
Take a speedboat trip…go water-skiing or wakeboarding
Hire a catamaran from the sailing club
Go diving with Beaulieu-based “Les Deux Frères”
Daily market in the Place du Marché
The pretty C11th Chapelle Sancta Maria de Olivo
The Greek-style Villa Kerylos, built in 1902
The magnificent Villa Ephrussi & gardens
Auron is one of a few ski resorts within a 90-minute drive