Perhaps you are coming down to the South of France on holiday with the family, or on business, and you’re looking to escape on the bike for a day, maybe even just a couple of hours? Perfect…join us for a guided ride or two.
We run rides from Nice and Beaulieu most days year-round, and from Cannes and Monaco during the major conferences and congresses.
- Group rides: Join a group ride…we ride together on the flatter stuff, people take it at their own pace on the climbs, and we re-group at the top.
- Private rides: Whether you are on your own or with family or friends, if you prefer you can have a private ride – you determine the start time, the pace, how frequently to stop, and whilst we are happy to recommend routes, you decide the itinerary; if you are staying on the Côte d’Azur between Cannes and Monaco / Menton, we can start the private ride from your accommodation too.
- Bike hire: Hire one of our full-carbon Trek road bikes with Shimano 105 groupset if you don’t have your own.
To book, just contact us and let us know:
- Your preferred date(s)
- Type of ride: Group ride, or private ride?
- Duration of ride: Espresso (2 hours), Cappuccino (half-day) or Lungo (full-day)?
- Where you are staying
- Bike hire: Do you need to hire a bike? If so, what size (or your height), and what pedal type?
- Level: At what level do you ride? What kind of ride are you looking for e.g. how much climbing?
|Ride||Description||Price per person|
|Espresso||For the most time-pressed, and around 2 hours in duration, the Espresso ride gives you the opportunity to experience the amazing Côte d’Azur scenery and terrain in a short time.
Tackle the iconic Col d’Eze (500m) with breathtaking views overlooking the bay of Villefranche and Cap Ferrat, followed by an exhilarating descent to the coast, or perhaps you’d prefer something more gentle: the undulating coast road east through Monaco towards Italy, or along the Promenade des Anglais cycle path all the way around the bay.
Round off the ride with a cappuccino or a chilled beer in one of the cafés or bars on the sea-front.
|The Espresso ride is available only as a Private Ride:
€185 / £160 for the group
|Cappuccino||The Cappuccino ride is a half-day ride (3-4 hours) giving us the opportunity to get further afield, and see more of what the French Riviera has to offer. In addition to Col d’Eze (500m), the Col de la Madone (925m) is well within reach, or if climbing is not your thing, we can find a somewhat less challenging route and stick to flatter roads!
Depending on your preferred route, we can stop once or twice for refreshment, or if we’re riding in the middle of the day, we can include a lunch stop…perhaps in one of the many beautiful hilltop villages.
€110 / £95 1 person
€80 / £70 2 people
€70 / £60 3 people
€65 / £55 4 people
€275 / £240 for the group
|Lungo||The Lungo ride is a full-day’s ride (6-7 hours). It doesn’t have to be hard…we can follow some of the more undulating roads in the region, for example exploring the coast road through Monaco into Italy, or one of the gentler valley ascents out of Nice, and we can take it at an easy pace and punctuate the ride with frequent stops along the way.
But for those looking for a challenge, a full day gives us the opportunity to tackle some of the longest ascents in the region: the Col du Turini climbs 1250m over 25km to an altitude of 1600m (with the option of tacking on another 425m of climbing once the Col is reached!); the Madone d’Utelle offers amazing 360-degree views at the top of an 885m climb.
The Col de Braus has been featured no less than 21 times in the Tour de France, and we can combine this with another climb for a great day on the bike.
Other options include extensive riding in Italy including the stunning Colle Langan climb, or the beautiful Col de Brouis.
€165 / £145 1 person
€120 / £105 2 people
€105 / £90 3 people
€95 / £85 4 people
€400 / £350 for the group
|Bike hire||Hire a full-carbon Trek road bike with compact 50/34 chainset and Shimano 105 groupset||€55 for the first day
€90 for two days
€30 / day thereafter
Discounts available for rentals 7+ days
All of the above are subject to availability.
Subject to Terms and Conditions.